Study Tour to South Korea
|Start Date:||July 21, 2017|
|End Date:||August 6, 2017|
|Type of Course:||Study Tours|
|Audience:||NCTA alumni of all sites with a minimum of 30 hours of NCTA professional development are eligible to apply.
|Course Description:||The 14 day excursion will begin with four days in Seoul, followed by visits to three major metropolitan areas of South Korea: Busan, Gwangju, and Daejeon. The tour will also stop at Gyeongju, the historical capital of the Silla dynasty. The tour will include visits to notable historical and cultural heritage sites, Korean government offices, a temple stay, and, schedule-permitting, opportunities to interact with Korean teachers and students.|
|Registration and Info:||
You are eligible to apply if you:
(1) Have successfully completed a minimum of 30 hours of NCTA programming offered by any NCTA site.
(2) Teach about Korea as part of a formal teaching assignment OR demonstrate a commitment to incorporating Korea into your curriculum.
(3) Are a minimum of 5 years from retirement at time of study tour
(4) Have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience at time of study tour and intend to continue teaching for at least 3 years post-tour.
(5) Can attend the mandatory June 3rd -4th orientation
(6) Are in good physical health
(7) Have a high level of cultural sensitivity and respect for social norms and customs not your own.
**Please note: While applications from all NCTA alumni will be accepted, priority will be given to applicants who have never participated in an NCTA study tour.
The following will be paid by EASC:
The following expenses will be borne by participants:
To apply, email a completed application (attached; please complete all sections); one letter of recommendation from your principal (rec. letters can be sent directly from principal) and a copy of your resume or CV to email@example.com with the subject line: 2017 South Korea Study Tour.
The deadline for submission is February 5, 2017. Applications received after this date will NOT be considered.
Please contact EASC at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We look forward to your application!
|Offered to:||All States|