|Start Date:||June 12, 2019|
|End Date:||June 29, 2019|
|Type of Course:||Study Tours|
|Audience:||- Have successfully completed a minimum of 30 hours of NCTA programming offered by any NCTA site.
- Teach about Korea as part of a formal teaching assignment OR demonstrate a clear commitment to incorporating Korea into your curriculum.
- Are a minimum of 5 years from retirement at time of study tour
- Have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience at time of study tour and intend to continue teaching for at least 3 years post-tour.
- Are in good physical health
- Have a high level of cultural sensitivity and respect for social norms and customs not your own.
*Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously participated in an NCTA study tour.
|Course Description:||The 15 day trip will begin in the South Korean capital, Seoul, and continue on to sites of major cultural, historical, and artistic importance (including three UNESCO World Heritage Sites). Our tentative itinerary includes stops in Jeonju, Gwangju, Boseong, Busan, Ulsan, Gyeongju, and Andong, where participants will engage in a variety of hands-on learning experiences. Teachers will also have the opportunity to meet and interact with Korean educators, students, and other professionals.|
|Registration and Info:||
The following expenses will be subsidized by EASC:
The following expenses will be borne by selected participants:
For more information and to apply, click HERE.
The deadline for submission is February 28, 2019, 11:59pm EST. Applications received after this date will NOT be considered.
|Offered to:||All States|